Thursday, October 20, 2011

Focus

Recently I have been reading Oswald Chambers book "My utmost for His highest" it has been helping me bring my focus back to where it is supposed to be. This is an excerpt from what I read yesterday.

   "We must get rid of the plague of the spirit of this religious age in which we live. In our Lord’s life there was none of the pressure and the rushing of tremendous activity that we regard so highly today, and a disciple is to be like His Master. The central point of the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal relationship with Him, not public usefulness to others."

Wow, how much of our focus is on public usefulness to others?

Don't get me wrong I am guilty and continuously doing things and thinking about how publicly useful to others a am or am not. It really struck me though because there seems to be so many people trying to find their passion, purpose and what they should do the make a difference in the world. And those things are good even great things but if our first love is not Jesus Christ then they are just dim shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment