Monday, November 1, 2010

Ambulance driver


A short story from the field: 

Two nights ago about 8:00PM I was just winding down from the day and I was disturbed by one of our teachers running up talking really fast and freaking out. after a minute I understood that the head master from the school up the road had just wrecked his motorcycle right down the
road from us so we took the truck and found him at the police station (someone else had driven him there on a motorcycle) 

He was beat up pretty bad so we decided to take him to the District hospital about 45 minutes away.  He was in the back of the pickup with 3 guys holding him driving over the rough roads. We get to the hospital and they are the slowest I have ever seen finally they let us take him to the ward and we put him in the bed. There was only 1 nurse for the whole ward and she was not a very helpful person. so we ended up cleaning him up ourselves.

He is recovering well. I guess this makes me an ambulance driver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment